Effective May 30, 2023, a Department of State (DOS) final rule raises most consular service fees, although the fee increases are smaller than those proposed in the notice of proposed rulemaking due to revised projections for fiscal year (FY) 2022-2024 demand, DOS said.
Below are the adjustments that DOS will implement under the final rule:
- The application processing fee for non-petition-based nonimmigrant visas (NIVs) (except the E category) will increase from $160 to $185.
- The application processing fee for H, L, O, P, Q, and R category NIVs will increase from $190 to $205.
- The processing fee for Border Crossing Cards for Mexican citizens age 15 and over will rise from $160 to $185.
- The fee for E category NIVs will increase from $205 to $315.
- The fee for the exchange visitor waiver of two-year residency requirement will stay at $120, instead of the proposed $510.