On September 29, 2020, a U.S. district court preliminarily enjoined the Department of Homeland Security from implementing or enforcing any part of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) rule on its fee schedule and changes to certain other immigration benefit request requirements.
USCIS said that while the rule is preliminarily enjoined, the agency will continue to:
- Accept USCIS forms with the current editions and current fees; and
- Use the current regulations and guidance to adjudicate applications and petitions. This includes accepting and adjudicating fee waiver requests as provided under Adjudicator’s Field Manual chapters 10.9 and 10.10.
- Court order, Immigrant Legal Resource Center et al. v. Wolf, et al.
- USCIS alert
- USCIS final rule on fees (Aug. 3, 2020)
- Adjudicators Field Manual, chapter 10.9 and 10