Advisories and tips:·
- Immigration Court Practitioner’s Guide to Responding to Inappropriate Immigration Judge Conduct, by the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, provides practitioners with information about the range of options available when inappropriate immigration judge conduct occurs, including how to file an administrative complaint with the Department of Justice’s Executive Office for Immigration Review.
- Community Advisory: Social Media, Criminalization, and Immigration has been published by the National Lawyers Guild’s National Immigration Project. This advisory summarizes ways in which immigration agents may use social media against those in removal proceedings or involved in criminal cases.
- How to safeguard your data from searches at the border is the topic of several recent articles and blogs.
- Airport Lawyer is a free web app that is intended to help ensure that travelers are treated fairly at airports. Arrivals information can be securely passed along to large groups of volunteer attorneys who have been organized to monitor arrivals.
- Listings and links to cases challenging executive orders, and related available pleadings, are available at the Lawfare website.
- DACA Revocation Advisor helps people determine how their Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) eligibility is affected by the recent Trump administration action to terminate the program in six months. See https://visalaw.neotalogic.com/a/dacamobile.