Miller Mayer immigration attorney Steve Yale-Loehr was quoted in several U.S. and international news outlets about the Trump administration’s termination of the DACA program and other immigration policy changes. The articles include:
- CNN: Blue states sue Trump over DACA
- The Straits Times (Singapore): What is US Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (Daca) programme?
- Cornell Daily Sun: Ithaca Files Brief To Protect Sanctuary Cities
- Syracuse Daily Orange: New York Attorney General files lawsuit defending DACA, accusing Trump of racial bias
- Vox: Can these Democratic attorneys general save DACA? I asked 9 legal experts.
- Law360 (subscription required): States’ Suit To Save DACA May Prove To Be Tough Battle
- Ithaca Voice: Students, residents gather at Cornell University for rally, panel on DACA reversal
Steve co-authored an op-ed about the RAISE Act and immigration policy, “Immigration Crossroads: Republican ‘Solutions’ Will Make Our Problems Worse,” which was published on September 14, 2017, by USA Today.
Steve also moderated a panel on September 8, 2017, at Cornell Law School analyzing President Trump’s immigration executive actions. The panel discussed the travel ban, DACA rescission litigation and the Ninth Circuit’s decision of September 7. You can watch a video of the panel discussion and read an article about the panel in the Cornell Chronicle: Law scholars dissect Trump’s immigration actions.