Miller Mayer immigration attorney Steve Yale-Loehr was quoted in an August 2, 2017, article in the Financial Times about the RAISE Act, a new bill that would slash immigration in half. “It’s going to be very hard to get through Congress. Immigration is just as complicated as healthcare and tax reform,” he said. The article is available by subscription at https://www.ft.com/content/c8675708-7797-11e7-90c0-90a9d1bc9691.
Additional media coverage quoting Steve in various international publications regarding the RAISE Act include:
- Los Tiempos: http://www.lostiempos.com/actualidad/economia/20170809/trump-busca-reducir-mitad-inmigracion-eeuu
- Deutsche Welle: http://www.dw.com/en/donald-trumps-immigration-proposal-pleases-his-base-but-alienates-gop-colleagues/a-39958806
- El Financiero: http://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/financial-times/trump-apoya-plan-contra-inmigracion.html
- United Daily News (Taiwan): https://udn.com/news/story/6813/2621312
- El Cronista: https://www.cronista.com/financialtimes/Trump-anuncio-un-proyecto-para-bajar-a-la-mitad-la-inmigracion-legal-20170803-0013.html
- Deutsche Wirtschafts Nachrichten: https://deutsche-wirtschafts-nachrichten.de/2017/08/04/trump-will-legale-einwanderung-die-usa-halbieren/
- Entorno Inteligente: http://www.entornointeligente.com/articulo/10405444/Trump-apoya-plan-contra-inmigracion
- Financial Times Daily Briefing: https://www.ft.com/content/2c096a7a-778f-11e7-90c0-90a9d1bc9691
Steve was also quoted on August 14, 2017, in an article on nbcnews.com about how the Supreme Court might decide the constitutionality of President Trump’s travel ban. “Immigration touches on national sovereignty and the [Supreme] Court has been largely loath to second guess the president,” he said. The article is available at http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/halfway-through-trump-coming-empty-travel-ban-n792276.