InfoPass is a free service that lets you schedule an in-person appointment with a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Immigration Officer via the Internet. If you have an immigration issue that is not a routine inquiry and would be best handled by a trained USCIS Immigration Officer, InfoPass will let you schedule your appointment online instead of requesting it in person at your local USCIS field office.
Most routine inquiries, such as requesting forms, do not require an InfoPass appointment and can be handled on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov. If you wish to check the status of a case filed with a USCIS Service Center, select “Check your Case Status Online” under “Tools” on the right side of the home page. Enter your Service Center receipt number in the box: three letters followed by 10 numbers (no spaces or dashes).
For general information, you can call the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) on 1-800-375-5283. It is a good idea to call the NCSC first to see if they can answer your question before scheduling an InfoPass appointment, as this can save you an unnecessary trip.
How to Schedule an Appointment
To schedule a free InfoPass appointment, either visit the USCIS website and click on “Make an Appointment” under “Tools” (under the subheading “Manage Your Case”), or enter this URL: https://my.uscis.gov/appointment.
- Select the language you would like to work in from the dropdown menu on the left.
- Select that you would like to make an appointment inside the U.S.
- Type in your mailing address zip code and select the location you would like to attend.
- Select “See Available Appointments.”
- Choose a date and time for your appointment. If you do not see a time that is convenient for you, check back with InfoPass at another time. New appointments become available each working day.
- Provide your name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, receipt number, A-number, and the number of people who will be attending the appointment.
- When the appointment notice appears on your computer screen, showing the time, date and location of your appointment, print it out to show at your InfoPass appointment.
How to Reschedule or Cancel an Appointment
InfoPass allows you to cancel or reschedule appointments online by using the identification numbers at the bottom of your appointment confirmation notice. There is no penalty for canceling or rescheduling an appointment.
USCIS requests that you cancel your appointment if you cannot make it at the appointed time, so that your timeslot can be given to another customer. If you lose your appointment notice, you can print a replacement by accessing InfoPass and entering the information requested.
Attending Your Appointment
For the appointment, you will need to bring:
- Printout of the InfoPass appointment notice confirmation;
- Government-issued identification. This could be any of the following:
- Government-issued photo ID card
- Valid driver’s license
- Employment Authorization Document or Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card (“green card”)
- Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record. If your Form I-94 does not have a photo of you attached to it, then it would have to be accompanied by a passport or valid driver’s license as an additional form of identification; and
- All immigration forms, receipt notices, approval or denial letters, translations and original documents that relate to your inquiry.